Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A short mid day reflection....

It's almost lunch time on day 5 of the Whole Life Challenge and I've been thinking a lot.  A lot about my coffee.  I know, deep thoughts!

Prior to this challenge I would have never given up my creamer.  Never!  Why?  Because there was nothing "good" associated with giving it up.  Yes, I know creamer is bad for you, it has chemicals, added fat, unnecessary calories....blah, blah, blah.  But it tastes SO. DARN. GOOD!  Knowing the negative aspects of something does NOTHING for me, absolutely nothing!

So then this challenge started and I decided that I was going to give it my all, and it's a competition (sort of, more so of a competition with yourself).  You get points.  And I'm competitive, so I want all of my points.  Yes, I know I'll lose points during this challenge and that's ok, but if I can NOT lose points by something small, you better bet that I'm doing it.  So, shortly before the challenge started, I decided I was giving up my creamer.  I had just purchased a brand new french vanilla creamer, large sized of course.  So I sat down and drank it all.  Right from the bottle.  Ok, I'm kidding.  I didn't drink it from the bottle!  It's still actually in my fridge.  I should dump that out now that I'm thinking about it.  And now, by giving up my creamer I'm gaining something from it....I'm gaining those stinking points every day!  And, I'm gaining some pride.  There is a huge sense of pride in knowing that I can set a goal, make my mind up and do it.  And that to me is something GOOD!

On a side note, people have been giving me ideas of alternatives to put into my coffee.  Great ideas too!  But, I'm not doing any of them.  Why?  If I'm giving up my creamer (extra calories, extra fat, extra ickiness for my body), I don't want to replace it with something else.  Many of the alternatives, although "healthier" are just as high in calories and fat.  So if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do this 100%.  Goodbye creamer!


What has been one of the hardest things that you have given up when it comes to healthy eating?  Maybe you were only able to give it up for a day or two.  Share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment