Thursday, January 28, 2016

Some early morning reflections on Day 13


Day 13, almost two weeks into the Whole Life Challenge. Things have been going really well, surprisingly.  I have accumulated some brief reflections so far. And I KNOW you have been dying to hear them. So, I shall keep you in suspense no more. 

Here they are.
* I really enjoy eating meat.
* Bacon, specifically turkey bacon is amazing.
* I set my sleep goal for 6 hours and 30 minutes each night. I should have set it higher, stretched myself a little more. I'm getting about 6 hours and 50 minutes each night.
* I'm sleeping like a rock.
* Fruit tastes AMAZING! I think it's because I haven't had processed sugar that I'm appreciating naturally occurring sugar.
* I am not missing bread at all.
* I would like a cookie.
* I would also like some peanut butter fudge.
* I still hate stretching. We have to stretch for 10 minutes a day.
* This week we have to turn off all electronics for an hour as part of the challenge. We are doing this as a family every night and I LOVE IT! This practice may continue.
* I haven't cheated. Not once. I'm blown away by this.
* I've eaten A LOT of eggs. See below!  

* I've earned some indulgence points. If you eat well for a few days you can have a treat.
* I ate CAKE with one indulgence point. This cake....Mmmmmm!

* I've lost some weight. Weight loss was not my primary goal, but I'm ok seeing a couple pounds go away.
* I'm becoming more aware of my hunger/cravings.
* So far, I'm happy I've done this challenge. I won't continue to eat this way, but I am learning a lot about myself. I have plans to start training for some running events and this is not the diet for a runner. And that's ok!

Question.....
What is your FAVORITE indulgence food?


No comments:

Post a Comment