Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Motivation is fading....and fast!

A quick update on the Whole Life Challenge.

Things are a struggle right now. I'm questioning why I'm continuing forward. Ughh. Yesterday I went for a run. A very short run because I had no energy. I felt defeated, angry, frustrated and hungry. I'm learning a lot through this "challenge"  with one major thing being....this is not the eating approach for a long distance runner.

As I am planning my spring runs, I have my eye set on a half marathon (with some pretty significant time goals) in early spring. Training while eating like this would be miserable, just terrible. I may have to re-evaluate my goals and priorities.

As I talked with a co-worker and friend today she asked me what positives were coming from this experience. Spoken like the true health coach she is! I struggled....I came up with two.

1. I am sleeping like a rock.
2. I have lost some pounds/inches.

So as I sit here frustrated and hungry on day who knows, I wonder....why, why am I really doing this.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment