Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Fresh Mindset

Today is a new day!

I headed to bed last night in a crummy, crabby, unhappy sort of way.  And that's not me.  Not at all.  So I headed back downstairs and grabbed my book that's been waiting for me since last week.  It was one of those books that I picked up at the library.  It was just sitting there on the shelf, staring at me, almost daring me to check it out.  It's called "Find The Good".

I figured it was as good of time as any to crack it open.  I read for about 20 minutes and instantly felt better.

So today, I decided on my bus ride into work, (I really wanted to be crabby today....and I almost decided that the Universe was sending me an "it's ok to be a crabby pants today signal" when the lady who stands outside the bus and frantically finishes her cigarette sits down next to me and turns on the brighter than ever shining light above me head) that I was going to find the good in this challenge I'm doing.  It's not meeting my expectations, and you know what, that's ok!  But I did sign on for 8 weeks and I'm going to give it 8 weeks.

So for today, I choose to look for the good.


Here is one good thing about the Whole Life Catastrophe, I mean CHALLENGE!

1. I am trying new foods that I never thought I would like.  We had spaghetti squash the other night and it was AMAZING!
2. I am connecting with friends I haven't talked too in a long time (that is one of our challenges this week)

Well look at that....two positives from the challenge!

QUESTION
How do you keep moving forward when you're stuck in a rut?

No comments:

Post a Comment