Monday, February 15, 2016

Half Way Point Updates. Only Honest Updates Here

I am officially into Week 5 of the Whole Life Challenge. WHOOP, WHOOP!  I'm kind of on auto pilot at this point. I've fallen into a good routine.  I'm pretty much eating the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, with a few substitutions here and there. I'm a creature of habit, so this is ok with me and actually by choice!  And I'm enjoying the foods I'm eating.

Here's a little glimpse into what I've been eating...
  • Yogurt
  • Berries
  • Steel cut oats
  • My superfood shake
  • Eggs
  • Meat: bacon, sausage, beef (all sorts of beef), chicken periodically (Chicken isn't my favorite, but I eat it).
  • All sort of veggies: carrots and broccoli are my go to
  • Lots of apples and oranges
  • Pretend brownies
  • Dried mangos 
  • Dried bananas
  • Water
  • Black coffee

**I don't put dressing or condiments on my food. I've never really been a condiment girl.
**I use fruit as a natural sweetener.  

Pretty simple, boring, yet effective food list.

Here are some of my mid challenge takeaways:
  • I don't miss bread or pasta.
  • I miss milk (This is weird because I didn't drink a lot of milk prior to the challenge).
  • I miss cheese.
  • I haven't had a headache since I started this.
  • My energy is still lower than I want it to be, especially if it's a hard workout day.
  • I'm sleeping fantastic.
  • The fake brownies are actually starting to feel like a treat...haha, who would have thought.
  • Planning and prepping is key.  Last week I failed to plan out my dinner and I ended up eating a bowl of cereal.  It was delicious, but not part of the challenge!
  • Having in home support, Brian is doing this with me, has also been huge.  So many times I have mentioned eating something crappy....like pizza or waffles and he has talked me out of it.  He has great will power.  I can easily be talked into almost anything!
  • I don't miss alcohol.  Not one single bit!
  • Our lifestyle challenge this week....meditation.  Despise it.  But I'm doing it.  There's a reason it's being exposed to us, get it, but still don't like it.  I talk about in my job, tell people how to do it, walk people through it, yet I still don't like it.  It's not my thing....
This is it for updates I think.  Pretty boring this last week.  Nothing new and exciting to report.  I am still drinking my coffee black and.....LIKING IT!  I'm not putting stevia, butter, or anything in it.  Just good ole black coffee.  Toughens me up a little!

My goals for the last 4 weeks of the challenge....
1. Don't eat my arm between the hours of 4pm-6pm. (I'm ALWAYS hungry at this time)
2. Start running again.
3. Figure out how to continue eating like this and run. (low energy thing)
4. Try one new recipe a week.  Nope, scratch that.  Not going to do that!  
5. Make cauliflower breadsticks once a week.  Now THAT I can do!
6. Keep pushing hard and stepping outside of my comfort zone. (I'm actually learning A LOT about myself and more so others through this challenge).
7. Keep doing what makes me happy.  




Yesterday we celebrated my sweet little Charlotte's second birthday.  I've got a post in the works for you about that.  I did NOT eat healthy!!!!  This below is how my day started....Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Fluff jumped right into my mouth!



No comments:

Post a Comment