Friday, February 5, 2016

Super Bowl Weekend!

Well, the weekend is upon us. And the Super Bowl weekend at that. Typically each year we would buy loads of junk food, make tons of dips  (usually with cream cheese...mmmm!) and just eat and eat. We always stay in and watch the game as a family. It's one of our fun traditions.

This year will be a little different thanks to the WLC. This year we are eating carrots and brussel sprouts. Fun huh?! Just kidding!! This year we are stretching ourselves and going to make healthy (FUN) food. 

One of the gals in the challenge posted this week about changing our thinking. Instead of being negative and saying "I can't have that", why not turn it around and say "I can have that but I don't want it or I don't need that". Something to that extent...I'm paraphrasing! But essentially turning our negative thoughts into positive ones.  Ummmm....GENIUS!!!

So that's what this household is doing...We're getting positive. 

Am I still struggling? Of course, the growth is in the struggle.

Am I giving up? HECK no!

Am I going to keep pushing forward? Yes.

Will I encounter road bumps? You bet.

Will I put barbecue sauce on the meatballs? No! Even though Brian tried to talk me into taking a point for it. No Brian, we will not eat the barbecue sauce!!

I plan to share all of my fun party eats with you on Sunday!

Happy Friday! 

Challenge for you today....Reach out and let someone know you appreciate them. Make this world a little brighter today!!
I'm just going to guess and say that this is probably compliant....right?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment