Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Challenge: What's Working, What's Not. And Some Pictures

I think I'm 5 weeks into the Whole Life Challenge. I'm not counting days. I don't want this to be something that ends and then I go back to the same old, same old. I am loving some things about the challenge and I want those things to stick around long after the challenge ends. Some things I don't love and I'll stop them once the challenge ends. 

Let's chat about this...

I'm loving the following:
1. Doing the challenge with Brian. We are having fun complaining together late at night about things we really want. He would like a beer or toast. I would like cake or cake. And then we talk ourselves out of it! I love his support. And I love supporting him!

2. Fruit. I've discovered a new found love of apples. So has Charlotte.  And she prefers to eat hers right off of the living room floor.  It's fine, it's relatively clean....



3. Reading the daily posts. Our team shares daily and I honestly love reading what everyone has to say. It seems like we all cycle through phases on this journey. It's great to be able to reach out and support and encourage from afar!

4. Getting the kids involved. I cannot believe how interested they are in what we are doing. I think our kids are holding us more accountable than anyone...."Mom, I don't think you can eat that".  Busted trying to sneak a handful of Oops All Berries. I thought they were fruit!! Our kids love stretching and working out with us and I love that!

Things I'm not loving:
1. I couldn't have a margarita on National Margarita Day. I thought this challenge was about a whole life approach to wellness. Have they not been informed about the importance of margaritas?!!



2. Stretching. I despise stretching, unless it's yoga, in a hot studio, with a fantastic instructor.
That's it...it's going well! I've been laying on my back, with my legs against the wall.  This counts as stretching....don't tell me otherwise!



Picture time.....


McDonald's challenged me this week.  McDonald's won.  I had a Caramel Frappe.  It was amazing.  I regret nothing!




I put chia seeds into my yogurt.  It's supposed to make me feel more full.  I just felt like I was eating a combination of fish eyes/mold.  It was different!




This girl....she sure is fun!!




And this....sometimes life can seem overwhelming and hard.  Sometimes it takes a coffee cup and sunshine to remind me that life really is a beautiful ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment