Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Do you ever talk yourself out of things?  I'm pretty much a rockstar at making excuses for why things can't happen.  And I'm even better at believing my excuses.  Quite the skill to have right....wrong!  I hate that I do it.  I know when I'm doing it and I just keep doing it.  And do you know what's even worse?  My job, like my real life actual career is working with people who do this and helping them to stop.  So how is it that I can help my clients to stop, yet I can't seem to do it myself?  It's because I don't always practice what I preach.  



Starting today I am going to work on this.  I was actually going to start Monday but I couldn't because my husband was out of town, I was working all day and teaching two fitness classes that day.  I was alone with the kids and had a ton of stuff to do.  See what I'm doing here....I'm throwing the excuses around like a champ.  Enough!  No more excuses!

So what have I been talking myself out of you ask?  Well let me tell you!!!!

  • Exercising
  • Eating healthy
  • Personal development
  • Working towards my goals
  • The list goes on.....
So today, I'm working on this.  Starting small.  Today I am starting with positive self talk.  Positive affirmations to be exact.


Here's the game plan.  Everyday I am going to start my day with a positive affirmation.  Something to get me into the right mindset.  And then when I start to come up with excuses for why things won't happen (because I will find excuses) I will find a positive affirmation about my negative thought/excuse.  You'd be amazed at the things you can find on google!  So here is my positive affirmation for the day!


I BELIEVE IN MYSELF AND MY ABILITIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment