Monday, October 24, 2016

I WILL NOT start over!

A quick share.  This comes from both books: It Starts with Food and The Whole 30.  And it's pretty much why I haven't cheated.


It’s Not Hard

---This program is famous for its tough-love approach. The most quoted line of Whole30 is this: “It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Quitting heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You won’t get any coddling, and you won’t get any sympathy for your 'struggles.'"
So you can about guess how the authors feel about cheating in this program.  Their advice is that if you have a slip or cheat that you need to start over.  That's it.  No breaks, no feeling sorry for us, no sympathy.  Because we have control over all of it!  And I'd be lying if I didn't say that I haven't contemplated eating one of those stupid little Reese's balls (who made Reese's Puff cereal anyway?  "Oh let me just mash up these wonderful chocolate peanut butter candies into little crack balls for kids.) that my kids just have to eat!  I've thought about it!  Who would even know if I ate one?  No one would....that's WHO! 
But actually, I would know.  And I don't want to cheat.  I don't want to lose this challenge.  And I keep telling myself that this is not hard!  I can and will do this! Can you sense my competitiveness?!  It's there!  And I WILL NOT start over.  I WILL NOT!  You know why?  Because I am stronger than food.  
Food DOES NOT own me!  






No comments:

Post a Comment