Sunday, October 9, 2016

Yep, I'm doing it even though I said I NEVER would.

The Whole 30.



I'm doing it. I swore I would never do it. Ever. So why am I doing it?

Well, I did the Whole Life Challenge earlier in the year and it was by far the worst food/health experience of my life. The Whole 30 is very similar. The Whole Life Challenge was based on many components of the Whole 30. It seems crazy that I'd want to do it again, or at least a program similar to it. But sometimes I make crazy decisions!

I started reading It Starts With Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. And I was hooked. I could not put the book down. It made me take a good hard look at my eating. And it's bad, REAL BAD! In so many ways. Food has a terrible hold on me and I'm done with it. Not with food...haha! I'm done letting food control me.



I'm ready to make a change, a drastic change. For 30 short days. I want to see how good I can feel. I need a reset!

I'm starting tomorrow. Because there is no need to beat around the bush, no excuses anymore, no BS. I'm doing it!

And I'm doing it only for me. Not to compete with anyone. Not to be the best in a group. Not for weight loss. (These things were major contributors into why I failed at the Whole Life Program, even though I finished in the top of the group, lost weight and increased my fitness level, I was miserable and unhappy at the end becasue I did not do any of it for me.) I'm doing this, the Whole 30 so that I can feel my absolute best.

And I'm going to journal every single day. The good, the bad, and the ugly of the Whole 30.

You've been warned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment