Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 5: Death By Cardio

Today's workout was a good one.  It was all cardio today with no breaks, ya you heard me, NO BREAKS!  Why did Brian not tell me this?  And to make this workout a little harder, I did it at 5am.  I just hopped out of bed put on my shoes, grabbed some water and turned on good ole Shaun T.  I didn't enjoy him yelling at me at 5 in the morning.  I almost yelled back but remember my entire family was still in bed.  

The entire workout itself with stretch breaks was about 40 minutes.  I know that doesn't sound like a terribly long time, but remember, you are supposed to go all out for this entire cardio circuit.  

At one point during the "footballs" (where you just run in place really fast) I could barely move my legs.  I bet I looked awesome!  There was a lot of jumping exercises in this workout.  At the beginning I was a jumping machine.  About 20 minutes in I struggled to jump what felt like an inch off the ground.  I had to stop three times for water during this workout.  This has been by far my favorite Insanity workout.  I sweat like a beast and could tell my heart rate was up the entire time.  
My photographer (Jackson) was sound asleep during my workout but this pretty much sums it up!

Tomorrow I am going to wear my heart rate monitor to gauge just how close I am to passing out.  Stay tuned for updates!

On a horribly sad note: I am sickened by the terrible acts that happened in Boston today.  My heart goes out to all of the runners, their families, the volunteers and all others affected by the cowardly acts carried out today.   
Here's the thing about runners though: they are strong, they'll keep going.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment