Sunday, April 21, 2013

Insanity Update and a little break

Day 6: Polymetric Cardio Circuit.  This is the same workout as Day 2.  Brian said that when he did it he could tell it was getting easier.  I certainly could not!  It was still hard!  The last three cycles of the second set (confusing) involve moves that all stem from a plank pose.  My arms were screaming!  My abs were going to rip out of my stomach!  It was hard.  But I finished and all is well.

I remembered that I was going to use my heart rate monitor right after I finished my warm-up.  I put it on quick, but was bummed that I didn't get the whole work out on there.  Good news is that I didn't pass out :)  Here is my heart rate chart:



Day 7: REST DAY!!!!!!

Day 8:  This was supposed to be Cardio Power and Resistance but we had some very sad news in our family.  My grandpa had been sick over the last year.  He seemed to be on the mend over the last few months but had a fall a week ago and ended up in the hospital.  It turned out to be much worse than we thought.  He had a blood infection and was very septic.  My grandpa chose to go home.  He had fought a long hard fight and he was ready to be done.  He was ready to be home with his family.  And so he went home and left on his own terms, on the land that he loved, in the house he called home.  He was able to have his family close.  He left peacefully and without struggle.  I had time to workout, but I just couldn't find the strength to do it.  I was emotionally tired and just couldn't do it.  This takes us to Day 9...

Day 9:  Saturday.  Today was beautiful out.  Beautiful enough for a run.  I went down by the river, a place my Grandpa loved as just ran.  I ended up running for about five miles and felt so at peace being by the river.  There were a bunch of people out fishing, a few older men and I thought about my Grandpa and how he would have loved to have been enjoying the day by the river.  But I knew that he was enjoying his day in a different way, in a different place.  It was a great run.

After the run, I felt great and Brian said he had to do his workout which happened to be the same workout that I was supposed to do today.  So we did it together.  Cardio Power and Resistance.  This is by far my favorite Insanity workout.  I was tired about two minutes into the warm-up today.  Brian joked, "Does it feel like your legs ran five miles?"  Haha, Brian, yes it does!!  But I pushed through and made it.  The worst part of this workout for me is the jumps you do right away.  You just stand in place and jump as high as you can and bring your knees up as high as you can.  Kinda looks like frog jumps.  These are hard!  The second bad part of this workout is the "Around the Worlds".  You just sort of frog jump in a circle.  This is towards the end of the workout, right about the time that my legs feel like jell-o and I'm not moving so swiftly.  But all in all, a great workout!

Here is my heart rate chart for this workout:


Happy Sunday Funday Everyone!  Enjoy your day today.  Spend some time with the ones you love and squeeze in a workout if you can.  It's amazing how yesterday's workout helped me to feel better about the horrible events the day prior.  I'm hoping my workout's today and tomorrow will do the same as I say my final goodbye's to my Grandpa.  

No comments:

Post a Comment